16 December 2010

Ive got a little Christmas gift DIY. Since I am working a casual job at this time of the year I don't have enough to spend on every family member (My family is huge) so instead I thought i'd give every family a hand made candle with a little card as a "thinking about you" kinda gift.

Here is what I used: 

 First I measured how much wool paper I need to cover the candle by wrapping it around and marking where I would need to cut:

 Once I cut the length I then wrapped it around and glued it into place. I didnt make it too tight incase it would have to be taken off once being lit.






Cut the Raffia (I chose red for the christmas theme but there are MANY more colours to choose from) enough length to make a bow.
Once the raffia is tied you are done! VOILA:


Something so simple to make can look so pretty...And it's the thought that counts =]

No comments: